- December 21, 2014: Operation Milaap unites another girl with family - human trafficking - Yahoo News Search Results
New Delhi, Dec 21 (IANS) The Anti Human Trafficking Unit (AHTU) of the Delhi Police Crime Branch has succeeded in reuniting a 17-year-old girl with her family, as part of its Operation Milaap.
- December 20, 2014: Evgueni Mataev found guilty of pimping, assault in human trafficking case - human trafficking - Yahoo News Search Results
After 18 days of deliberation, a jury at the Montreal courthouse found Evgeni Mataev guilty of two charges related to a case involving human trafficking.
- December 19, 2014: Winnipeg man faces new round of human trafficking charges - human trafficking - Yahoo News Search Results
A Winnipeg man who is already charged in the human trafficking of a 25-year-old woman faces new charges after two more women came forward.
- December 14, 2014: Slew of suggestions to fight human trafficking - human trafficking - Yahoo News Search Results
The conference aimed to recognise the nature of human trafficking and its occurrence at local and international levels and ways to tackle it.
- December 14, 2014: Pope Francis’ appeal vs human trafficking - human trafficking - Yahoo News Search Results
Pope Francis called for a global mobilization against human trafficking and slavery last Wednesday. It was a message for the Church’s observance of World Day of Peace on Jan. 1, but it is also a message for the Advent Season whose Third Sunday we are celebrating today.The Pope deplored the general indifference in the world today that allows such practices as forced prostitution, forced manual ...
- November 19, 2014: Q&A with Sanjay Rawal, director of Food Chains - The CNN Freedom Project: Ending Modern-Day Slavery
Food Chains, a documentary that examines the plight of farm laborers in the U.S., releases to the American public on Friday. CNN asked its director, Sanjay Rawal, about the movie and how it came to be made. CNN: How did you come to learn about this issue, and why did you decide a film needed […]
- November 18, 2014: Fight for freedom on U.S. farms documented by Food Chains movie - The CNN Freedom Project: Ending Modern-Day Slavery
Do you care about who grows your food - and in what conditions these farm laborers work? A new movie called Food Chains releases in the U.S. on Friday. The documentary, produced by actress Eva Longoria and narrated by Oscar winner Forest Whitaker, examines working conditions for laborers harvesting tomatoes in Immokalee, Florida, and grapes […]
- November 05, 2014: ISIS says Islam justifies slavery - what does Islamic law say? - The CNN Freedom Project: Ending Modern-Day Slavery
Professor Bernard Freamon teaches courses on modern-day slavery and human trafficking at Seton Hall University School of Law in New Jersey and also specializes in Islamic Legal History. He is currently writing a book, “Islam, Slavery and Empire in the Indian Ocean World.” The views in this article are his alone. By Professor Bernard Freamon […]
- October 30, 2014: 'Treated like cattle': Yazidi women sold, raped, enslaved by ISIS - The CNN Freedom Project: Ending Modern-Day Slavery
By Ivan Watson Jana was a 19-year-old in her final year of high school, with dreams of becoming a doctor. Then, ISIS came to her village last August. She described to me in chilling detail, how the jihadis first demanded that members of her Yazidi religious minority convert to Islam. Then they stripped villagers of […]
- October 21, 2014: Report shines light on slave labor in U.S. - The CNN Freedom Project: Ending Modern-Day Slavery
They work on U.S. construction sites and farms, in restaurants and hotels, even in homes. Foreign workers, lured by false promises of good jobs in America, soon find themselves enslaved in plain sight as victims of labor trafficking, according to a new report published by the nonpartisan Urban Institute and Northeastern University.